Wicked’s 10th Birthday
Who it's for
What we did
- First ever YouTube/West End partnership.
- 400k Global Facebook Live
- 131k social engagements.
- 101k video views.
- #Wicked top 10 UK trend.
- 31m impressions.
- 160k Snapchat video views.
How we did it
- Created a campaign to go above and beyond anything that had been done before, to celebrate the incredible landmark of Wicked being in London’s West End for 10 years in September 2016.
- Handled the launch announcement of the 10th-anniversary cast, which was driven through bespoke assets and teaser announcements.
- Used the brand new ‘Wicked 10′ artwork, to created a suite of magical social content to use throughout the 10th birthday campaign. Organised an exclusive event for content creators at the new ‘YouTube Space’ in Kings Cross. Guests were treated to an all-star cast panel and a creative demonstration hosted by the ’Wicked’ make-up team, showing just how this multi award-winning musical brings the witches of Oz, Glinda and Elphaba to life every night at the Apollo Victoria Theatre. This marks the first time YouTube has ever partnered with a West-End show, making it a theatre-first for the industry.
- Partnered with Wicked on Broadway in New York, to celebrate the special 10th birthday across the world, via a Facebook Live Broadcast. After a warm welcome backstage from Broadway by their Elphaba, Jennifer DiNoia, audiences were directed to London’s West End for an exclusive backstage tour of the Apollo Victoria Theatre, led by Wicked’s 10th Anniversary ‘Elphaba’, played by Rachel Tucker, meeting other key cast members along the way.
- Launched a social thread on Instagram kicking off with a tile take over of the brand new Wicked 10 art, taking fans right back to the beginning with a look back on history Wicked moments in a bespoke template.
- Managed the Wicked 10th Birthday Party Evening Social Event. Throughout the night, we created a range of bespoke content to engage the at home audience, across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram alongside the launch of the official global Wicked Snapchat.
- Published content included birthday messages from other Wicked productions and special guests including alumni cast members over the past 10 years.
- Live-tweeted all the way through from the green carpet to the after party, using video, Boomerang, Twitter Mirror and images to make the at-home audience feel a part of the special night.
work in action
Get in touch
Do you want us to create an award-winning, global campaign for you?