Alita: Battle Angel – Anime Expo 2019
Who it's for
What we did
- Graffiti mural.
- Facebook AR.
- Social creative.
How we did it
- Took over Anime Expo 2019 with the creation a large graffiti mural inspired by the film Alita: Battle Angel and the original manga by Yukito Kishiro to promote the film’s digital release
- An added Facebook AR enabling component brought special features material to life on the mural
- Secured social posts with the female cosplay influencers including Stella Chuu, Aru Rinh & Yume
- Created time-lapse video of the creation which was pitched to media outlet’s social editors for sharing
- The filter was activated 450+ times over the 4-day convention
- Enlisted graffiti artist Cloe Hakakian and non-profit organization Beautify Earth to design and paint the mural
- Worked directly with Facebook for approvals and assistance to enable AR component
- Capitalized on Alita knowledge and fandom by picking a wall location across the street from Anime Expo 2019, North America’s largest Japanese pop culture gathering.
work in action
Get in touch
Do you want us to create an award-winning, global campaign for you?